EASD-Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence
The EASD-Novo Nordisk Foundation Diabetes Prize for Excellence recognizes a body of research which has led to significant advances in the understanding, prevention or treatment of diabetes or its complications.
The prize is accompanied by DKK 6 million - of which DKK 1 million is a personal award and DKK 5 million is to support the ongoing research of the awardee.
- The prize is awarded to an internationally recognized researcher who has made major contributions to diabetes research, basic or applied. The principal criteria in the selection process are the quality and significance of the candidates`s scientific contributions to diabetes research
- Candidates should be currently active in diabetes research and continuing their research activity for the following 5 years
- Only employees of universities, hospitals or other non-profit institutions will be considered
- Board Members of EASD or NNF are not eligible for nomination
- Candidates may be from any country
- Candidates must be nominated by members of the EASD, self-nominations are not accepted
- Awardees will be expected to provide annual reports on the research supported by the prize for up to 5 years after its award
The prize is awared in collaboration between the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) and the Novo Nordisk Foundation (NNF). EASD appoints an independent Prize Award Committee who judge the candidates and decide on a prize awardee. The financial support for the prize comes from the Novo Nordisk Foundation.