§ 1 Information on the processing of personal data
(1) Hereafter we inform you about the processing of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data which can be referred to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behaviour.
(2) Responsible according to Article 4 Section 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation is the
European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) e.V.
Rheindorfer Weg 3
Tel: +49 211 758 469 0
Fax: +49 211 758 469 29
You can contact our data protection officer, Ms. Claudia Neises-Quotschalla, under email@example.com or our postal address with the addition „the Data Protection Officer“.
(3) When you contact us by email or via a contact form the data provided by you (your email address, if applicable, your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us so that we can answer your questions. The data received in this context will be deleted by us when the storage is no longer required, or their processing will be restricted, if legal obligations to retain data exist.
(4) If for individual functions of our offer we wish to resort to commissioned service providers or use your data for commercial purposes, we will inform you below in detail about the respective procedures. In doing so, we will also name the fixed criteria for the duration of the storage.
§ 2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding the personal data referring to you:
- right of information,
- right of correction or deletion,
- right of processing restriction,
- right of objection to the processing,
- right of data portability.
(2) Additionally you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us.
§ 3 Processing of personal data when visiting our website
(1) If you only use the website for information, i.e. when you do not have yourself registered or send us information in another way, we only process the personal data which your browser transfers to our server. If you wish to have a look at our website, we process the following data which are technically relevant to us in order to show you our website and to guarantee the stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 Section 1 p. a lit. f EU General Data Protection Regulation):
- date and time of the enquiry
- difference of time zones with regard to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the requirement (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP-Status code
- data quantity respectively transferred
- Website, from which the requirement is sent
- Operation system and its surface
- Language and version of the browser software.
(2) Additionally to the aforementioned data cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your hard disk and assigned to the browser used by you, and by means of which the place where the cookie is located (here by us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot carry out programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve the purpose to make the internet offer in general more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following kinds of cookies, whose volume and mode of operation is explained hereafter:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically, when you close the browser. This applies in particular to session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, by means of which different enquiries of your browser can be allotted to the common meeting. In this way your computer can be recognized, when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted, when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a predetermined duration, which can vary according to the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security setting of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes and e.g. refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. We point out that you may not use all functions of this website.
§ 4 Further functions and offers of our website
(1) Apart from the purely informative usage of our website we offer various services which you can use if you are interested. To do so you will usually have to provide further personal data, which we use to render the respective service and for which the aforementioned principles of data processing will be valid.
(2) We partly use external service providers to process your data. These have been chosen by us very carefully, are bound to follow our instructions and are controlled at regular intervals.
(3) Furthermore we can pass on your personal data to third parties, when event actions, contract conclusions or similar services are offered by us together with partners. You will receive more detailed information about this, when you indicate your personal data or have a look at the description of the offer below.
(4) If our service providers or partners are located in a state outside the European Economic area (EEA), we will inform you about the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offer.
(5) An automated decision taking including profiling does not take place.
§ 5 Opposition to or revocation of the processing of your date
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke it at any time. Such a revocation influences the admissibility of the processing of your personal data, after you have informed us about it.
(2) As far as we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you can file an opposition against the processing. This is the case, if the processing is in particular not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, which is respectively shown by us in the subsequent description of the functions. When exerting such an opposition right we ask you to explain the reasons, for which we should not process your personal data as done by us. In case of your justified opposition we will check the situation and either stop or adapt the data processing or present you our compelling reasons worth protecting, on the basis of which we continue the processing.
(3) You can, of course, object to the processing of your personal data for purposes of advertising and data analysis. You can inform us about your objection for advertising under the following contact details:
European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) e.V.
Rheindorfer Weg 3
Tel: +49 211 758 469 0
Fax: +49 211 758 469 29
§ 6 Special forms of the use of our website
1. Registration for our events
(1) If you wish to register for our events, it is necessary for the conclusion of the contract that you indicate your personal data which we require to work on your registration. Obligatory information required for the execution of the contracts is especially marked, further information is voluntary. We process the data given by you in order to work on your registration. To do so, we can pass on your payment data to our house bank or the payment service provider commissioned by us. The legal basis for this is Art. 5 Section 1 lit. b EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Our payment service provider is located in Switzerland. Your personal payment data are therefore transferred to Switzerland. We are in possession of an adequacy resolution of the Commission according to Art. 45, Section 3 EU General Data Protection Regulation. The service provider has been carefully selected by us, it was commissioned in writing and is bound to our instructions. It is controlled by us regularly. The service provider will not pass on your (payment) data to third parties, unless this is required to carry out your payment, but will delete them after the fulfilment of the contract and the expiration of the legal storage periods, if you have not agreed to a longer storage.
Your (payment) data will, depending on which means of payment you have chosen, be transmitted to the respective payment service provider. The payment service provider is responsible for your (payment) data. You will receive information, in particular on the responsible department of the payment service provider, the contact details of the data security officers of the payment service provider and the categories of personal data, which are processed by the payment service providers, under the internet address https://www.six-payment-services.com/en/home.html.
We can in addition process the data indicated by you in order to inform you on further interesting products from our portfolio or to send you emails with technical information.
(2) Owing to commercial and fiscal regulations we are obliged to store your address, payment and ordering data for the duration of ten years,
(3) In order to avoid unauthorized access of third parties to your personal data, in particular, financial data, the ordering process is encrypted by TLS technology.
2. Use of our portal MyEASD
(1) If you wish to use our portal MyEASD or this is a condition e.g. for the registration to our events, you have to register by indicating your email address and a password chosen by yourself. You are obliged to indicate your real name, a pseudonymous use is not possible. You are obliged to indicate the aforementioned data, all further information can be provided voluntarily by using our portal. If you no longer wish to use our portal, you can turn to us in writing or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will then delete your account after the expiration of the legal storage period.
(2) When you use our portal, we will store your data required for the fulfilment of the contract, also the information on your method of payment, until you delete your access definitively. Furthermore we will store the data voluntarily provided by you for the time of your use of the portal, if you do not delete these before. You can administer and change all information in the protected customer area. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 Section 1 p. 1 lit. 1 EU General Data Protection Regulation.
(3) In order to prevent unauthorized access of third parties to your personal data, in particular financial data, the ordering process is encrypted by TLS technology.
§ 7 Web Analytics
1. Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files which are stored in your computer and make it possible for you to use an analysis of the use of the website. The information created by the cookie on your use of this website is as a rule transferred to a server of Google in the U.S.A. and stored there. If the IP anonymization on this website is activated, your IP address is, however, abbreviated by Google beforehand within the member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Treaty on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a server of Google in the U.S.A. and abbreviated there. By order of the operator of this website Google will use this information to evaluate your utilization of the website, to compile reports on the activities of the website and to render further services connected with the use of the website and the internet towards the operator of the website.
(2) The IP address transferred to your browser in the scope of Google Analytics is not combined with other data of Google.
(3) You can avoid the storage of cookies by a corresponding setting of your browser software; we must, however, point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can furthermore avoid the recording of the data produced by the cookie and referred to the usage of the website (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser-plug- in disposable under the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. You can also prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent future collection of your data when you visit this website: