EASD-Lilly Centennial Anniversary Prize
The EASD-Lilly Centennial Anniversary Prize recognise individual researchers who have significantly contributed through innovative approaches to the development and evolution of treatment and management of diabetes.
The Award will be bestowed for 3 consecutive years on the occasion of the Annual Meeting of EASD, starting in 2022.
Each year will identify the awardee among those who have contributed to 3 different fields:
- 2022 – Innovative pharmacologic therapies
- 2023 – Landmark achievements in the pathogenesis of diabetes
- 2024 – Clinical and diagnostic innovation in the management of diabetes and its complications
Nominations should be made on the available nomination form and sent as one complete pdf via email, containing:
- One Letter of Recommendation (max 1,000 words), signed by up to three nominators
- Curriculum vitae of the nominee
- a list of not more than 10 relevant publications
The awardee will receive a 10.000 Euro prize, which will go towards the research institution, and will deliver a 30 min talk on the occasion of the Annual Meeting of the EASD with an excursus of achievements in the above-mentioned field over the past 100 years.
EASD appoints an independent Prize Award Committee who judge the candidates and decide on a prize awardee.
The EASD-Lilly Centennial Anniversary Prize is generously supported by Lilly.